Weining Bai focuses on intellectual property litigation and commercial litigation. Mr. Bai has experience in all phase of litigation, from pleadings through trial, in both state and federal court. He has participated in numerous trials, where his experience includes giving the opening statement, examining witnesses, arguing motions, and witness preparation. In the pre-trial stage, his experience includes taking and defending numerous depositions of both fact and expert witnesses, legal research and briefing, and arguing a variety of hearings – including Markman hearing, dispositive motions, and discovery disputes.
Mr. Bai graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and served as associate blog editor of The Penn Intellectual Property Group where he monitored and wrote about IP issues. During law school, Mr. Bai worked as a summer associate at AZA for two years.
He graduated magna cum lade from Washington and Lee University with a B.S. in Physics Engineering and a B.A. in Economics.
• Successfully represented Saint Lawrence Communications LLC in Eastern District of Texas patent infringement case against Motorola involving HD Voice technology. Jury awarded more than $9 million and a willful infringement finding.
• Successfully represented Saint Lawrence Communications LLC in patent infringement suits against Apple and ZTE involving HD Voice technology. Both matters settled favorably his client on the eve of trial.
• Successfully represented Prime Natural Resources in an insurance breach of contract dispute against Underwriters of the Lloyds of London. Jury awarded $41.6 million verdict that included actual damages, punitive damages, statutory penalties, and legal fees.
• Representing an energy industry service company in a theft of trade secrets case and secured a temporary injunction against the defendants; the case is ongoing.
• Defending a fracking company in a patent infringement case involving fracking proppant storage and delivery technology
• Defending a clinical laboratory in False Claims Act and administrative exclusion proceedings brought by the DOJ and the HHS Inspector General involving Medicare reimbursement billing.
• Representing a physician in an age discrimination suit against a large hospital.
• Representing various local businesses in contract and business tort disputes, and have on multiple occasions obtained judgments and attorneys’ fees in favor of his clients.
IN THE NEWS
AZA Wins $9M Jury Verdict in Texas Patent Infringement Case Against Motorola
New AZA Attorneys
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., May 2016
- Associate Blog Editor – Penn Intellectual Property Group
- Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- Iraqi Refugee Assistance Program
- Penn Law Immigrant Rights Project
- Washington and Lee University, B.A. in Economics; B.S. in Physics-Engineering, magna cum lade, May 2013
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas