AZA is a firm built by intense, quick-thinking lawyers who thrive in the courtroom and provide clients with the power that comes from being truly trial-ready. We are looking for intelligent, skilled lawyers who can think on their feet while consistently responding to our clients and their needs. We hire attorneys with solid academic credentials from the nation’s top law schools. Many of our lateral hires have left far larger law firms to join AZA, where they know they will get into the courtroom. While we expect superb written work, our new lawyers can expect a meaningful role in at least one bona fide trial in their first year with us. Our clients are represented by lawyers who are proficient at thinking ahead and finding savvy solutions to their legal problems. Our firm culture is informal, creative and collaborative. Our end product is aggressive, practical and effective. AZA is a diverse, certified minority-owned business. Corporate counsel has named AZA one of the law firms with the best client service of those serving the Fortune 1000.
AZA is ranked by Vault among the nation’s top mid-sized law firms. AZA ranked overall sixth in the nation in the “best midsized firms to work for” category. AZA was nationally third in satisfaction; fourth in quality of work; sixth in compensation; ninth in diversity, hours, and firm culture; 10th in selectivity of hires and 11th in career outlook. See Vault’s 2020 Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For.
The Vault survey responses about AZA can be seen here (subscription required). Praise from AZA associates who responded to the Vault survey includes:
- On quality of work – “There is nowhere to get more ownership or front-line experience than this firm.”
- On firm culture – “There are virtually no firm politics at AZA. The culture is all about finding the most practical, cost-efficient way to deliver a win for the client. There are virtually never fights over ‘turf’ or who gets credit for a big win.”
- On satisfaction – “Plenty of responsibility at all levels for high-stakes litigation.”
- On associate/partner relations – “The mentality is that if you work the case up and know the case, you’ve earned the opportunity to do the fun things that made you be a lawyer.”
- On lateral & clerk integration – “AZA just throws us in the mix, and we learn from experience. It’s the only way to really learn how to be a courtroom attorney in my opinion, and AZA nails it.”
If you think you are the kind of lawyer that AZA is looking for, please contact us.
Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C.
1221 McKinney, Suite 2500
Houston, Texas 77010
Phone (713) 655-1101
Fax (713) 655-0062
Attorney Employment Inquiries should be directed to:
Liz Bernardy – email@example.com
Litigation Support Staff Inquiries should be directed to:
Hollye Seabolt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer associate candidates see here