Jordan Warshauer focuses on commercial litigation. She has experience with trade secrets, severance agreements, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), breach of contract and defamation cases. She has experience especially in energy and medical industries. She represents both defendants and plaintiffs in these cases.
Ms. Warshauer has experience obtaining restraining orders and injunctions, in dispositive motion briefing, managing large document reviews, working with computer forensic experts and taking depositions.
Her pro bono work has included representing a prisoner on a section 1983 civil rights suit, taking fact and expert depositions and jury selection, cross examination and closing.
She is a graduate of The University of Texas School of Law, and served as a law clerk for Judge David Hittner, a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Ms. Warshauer refined her legal research and writing skills by drafting orders on civil and criminal motions and assisting Judge Hittner during numerous jury trials.
During law school she served as development and staff editor of The Review of Litigation, and interned in New Orleans for Judge Lance Africk, a judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. She graduated with distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
IN THE NEWS
New AZA Attorneys
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, May 2014
- Development and Staff Editor – The Review of Litigation
- William O. Huie Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law
- National Ethics Trial Competition
- Novice Intramural Mock Trial Tournament
- Assault and Flattery Law School Theatre Group, Director
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with distinction, May 2011
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Houston Urban Debate League Young Professionals Council
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Southern District of Texas Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- How to Succeed As An Associate, Houston Young Lawyers Association, Houston, October 2017