Patrick Yarborough is an aggressive advocate with experience representing individuals and businesses in all aspects of litigation, including depositions, motion practice, injunction hearings, mediation, arbitration, trial, and appellate oral argument. In the last several years, Patrick has won several jury trials, prevailed in a high-stakes academic grievance hearing, and successfully argued innumerable motions in state and federal court.
Mr. Yarborough was selected for the 2019 Texas Rising Stars list, recognizing his business litigation skills. The list honors the best Texas lawyers age 40 and younger or those who have practiced no more than 10 years.
Before joining AZA, Mr. Yarborough was an associate in the litigation section of an international law firm. He has also served as a briefing attorney to Texas Supreme Court Chief Justice Nathan Hecht as well as U.S. District Judge Mark E. Fuller in the Middle District of Alabama.
Mr. Yarborough earned his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law where he graduated in the top 10% of his class and served on the Texas Law Review. He also earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Georgetown University.
IN THE NEWS
Barratry Suit Over Deepwater Horizon Spill Victims Dismissed
Ten AZA Lawyers Earn 2019 Texas Rising Stars Accolades
AZA’s Patrick Yarborough Elected to Houston Young Lawyers Association Board
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2012, with honors
- Texas Law Review, Order of the Coif
- President, American Constitution Society
- Supreme Court Clinic and Workers’ Rights Clinic
- Interscholastic Mock Trial Team
- Dean’s Awards for highest exam grades in Admiralty and Constitutional Law II: Federalism
- Student mentor, Office of Student Life
- Research assistant to Professor Joseph R. Fishkin, author of Opportunity Pluralism
- Georgetown University, A.B., 2007, cum laude
- WGTB university radio, music show host
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Spanish, proficient
- German and Italian, conversational
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, elected member of Board of Directors, 2018 and 2019
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Inc., Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- Story | Houston, literary journal that publishes short fiction
- Houston Bar Association (Sections: Litigation; Labor & Employment Law)
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Texas Rising Stars list, which honors the best Texas lawyers age 40 and younger or those who have practiced no more than 10 years.