Alisa Lipski has focused primarily on patent infringement litigation and appeals for a decade. She was selected for inclusion in the 2013-2018 Texas Rising Stars lists, which honor the best Texas lawyers age 40 and younger. Ms. Lipski is licensed to practice in both Texas and California and is also licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, making her uniquely suited to represent both plaintiffs and defendants in patent litigations across the country.
Ms. Lipski, while licensed to practice before the USPTO, focuses her practice primarily on litigation. She has handled all aspects of intellectual property litigation, including presuit investigation and presuit licensing discussions, infringement contentions, discovery disputes and interactions with experts. Ms. Lipski also has extensive courtroom experience, which includes dozens of Markman and summary judgment arguments across the country, including several in the Eastern District of Texas and the Northern District of California. In addition, Ms. Lipski has briefed and argued three separate appeals in front of the Federal Circuit. Ms. Lipski has also handled a reexamination as a result of litigation that resulted in none of the claims being amended, allowing her client to proceed with litigation.
Ms. Lipski’s relevant technical experience includes the areas of energy, telecommunications, satellite communications, search engine technology, diagnostic devices, personalized medicine, and targeted marketing. Ms. Lipski represents clients both on a contingency and an hourly basis, and handles patent litigations both efficiently and effectively, allowing her clients to focus on their core business without unnecessary distraction.
Born and raised in Texas, Ms. Lipski attended law school intending to focus on intellectual property and received her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in 2003 after receiving her B.S. in biochemistry from the University of Texas – Austin in 2000. During law school Ms. Lipski was a judicial intern for Houston-based U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Johnson, assisting on a patent case. Ms. Lipski previously practiced patent litigation at Goldstein & Lipski PLLC, formerly Goldstein, Faucett & Prebeg, LLP.
IN THE NEWS
AZA Prevails Against Google in Patent Infringement Dispute Appeal Over Spreadsheets
Fourteen AZA Lawyers Earn 2018 Texas Rising Stars Accolades
AZA Wins $9M Jury Verdict in Texas Patent Infringement Case Against Motorola
Nine from Houston’s AZA Law Firm Earn 2017 Texas Rising Stars Honors
Nine from Houston’s AZA Law Firm Earn 2016 Texas Rising Stars Honors
Texas Court Upholds $15.7 Million Patent Infringement Verdict for Rembrandt Wireless
Rembrandt Wireless Technologies LP v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., et al.
Eight Attorneys from Houston’s AZA Earn Texas Rising Stars Recognition
Houston’s AZA Wins Client Choice – Texas IP Law Firm of the Year Honors
REPRESENTATIVE CASES AND CLIENTS INCLUDE:
- Represented Genetic Applications in its assertion of a patent against a major competitor, fighting and winning a motion to transfer, and obtaining a confidential and favorable settlement
- Represented Advanced Biological Laboratories in its assertion of patents against competitors and other business disputes, including obtaining a patent immunity agreement with Stanford University , and a non-exclusive, royalty-bearing license agreement with a another corporation
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2003
- University of Texas – Austin, B.S. in biochemistry, 2000
- Licensed Texas, 2003
- Licensed California, 2011
- Licensed to practice before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2004
- Admitted to practice before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to practice before the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Admitted to practice before the Northern, Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- Texas State Bar
- California State Bar
- Member of the AIPLA Litigation Committee
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- Member of the Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Organization