Vault Puts AZA Among Top Five Midsize Firms for Job Satisfaction, Work Quality July 23, 2019
HOUSTON – AZA is ranked among the nation’s top five midsize law firms for quality of work and job satisfaction, and among the top 10 for compensation and other key qualities by Vault, based on surveys of law firm associates.
Vault, which provides ratings of thousands of employers, just released its 2020 law firm ranking guide to help law students and lawyers identify the best law firms to work for in the U.S.
AZA ranked sixth in the nation overall in the “best midsize firms to work for” category. The only other Texas midsize firm in the Top 10 nationally is Susman Godfrey LLP. See Vault’s 2020 Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For.
Nationally, AZA ranked third in job satisfaction; fourth in quality of work; sixth in compensation; ninth in diversity, hours, and firm culture; 10th in selectivity of hires; and 11th in career outlook.
The Vault survey responses for AZA can be seen here (subscription required). Praise from AZA associates who responded includes these comments:
- On quality of work – “There is nowhere to get more ownership or front-line experience than this firm.”
- On firm culture – “There are virtually no firm politics at AZA. The culture is all about finding the most practical, cost-efficient way to deliver a win for the client. There are virtually never fights over ‘turf’ or who gets credit for a big win.”
- On satisfaction – “Plenty of responsibility at all levels for high-stakes litigation.”
- On associate/partner relations – “The mentality is that if you work the case up and know the case, you’ve earned the opportunity to do the fun things that made you be a lawyer.”
- On lateral & clerk integration – “AZA just throws us in the mix, and we learn from experience. It’s the only way to really learn how to be a courtroom attorney in my opinion, and AZA nails it.”
Vault also ranked all Texas law firms including Big Law and smaller for 2020, and AZA was No. 29 on that list. See Vault’s 2020 Best Law Firms in Texas.
AZA or AZA, is a Houston-based law firm that is home to true courtroom lawyers with a formidable track record in complex commercial litigation, including energy, intellectual property, and business dispute cases. AZA is recognized by Chambers USA 2019 among the best in Texas commercial law; by U.S. News – Best Lawyers’ Best Law Firms as one of the country’s best commercial litigation firms for seven years running including 2019; and previously by Law360 as a Texas Powerhouse law firm. National corporate counsel named AZA one of the country’s best in client service among law firms serving the Fortune 1000.