Ifti Ahmed is a litigation attorney who focuses on intellectual property litigation and complex technical cases. He has experience handling patent and trade secret cases involving computer hardware, software, telecommunications systems and electronics. His experience includes all phases of litigation from pre-filing through trial and appeal. He was named on the 2018 Texas Rising Stars list for his excellence in intellectual property litigation.
Before joining AZA, Ifti was counsel with the international law firm of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, where his practice focused on intellectual property litigation. Ifti has served as a law clerk to Judge Alan D. Lourie of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and to Judge T. John Ward of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Before pursuing a legal career, Ifti was an engineer with Psion and Symbol Technologies, both acquired by Motorola. His work for those companies involved the design and development of components for embedded wireless networking systems and mobile computing systems.
Ifti earned his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was an articles editor of the Houston Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. He received an M.S. degree in computer science from the University of Houston and obtained a B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Bangalore University.
IN THE NEWS
AZA Prevails Against Google in Patent Infringement Dispute Appeal Over Spreadsheets
Fourteen AZA Lawyers Earn 2018 Texas Rising Stars Accolades
AZA Wins Texas Supreme Court Patent Agent Privilege Case That Could Have National Import
AZA Patent Agent Privilege Appeal Named ‘Texas Case to Watch’ by Law360
New AZA Attorneys
- University of Houston Law Center – Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Magna Cum Laude
- Houston Law Review, Articles editor
- Order of the Coif
- University of Houston – Master of Science in Computer Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2018 Texas Rising Star honors for intellectual property litigation, a list compiled by Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow